Given the gravity of recent events between police and members of the deaf/hard-of-hearing community, we have recently developed a training program for police departments in the United States in order to assist them in becoming an even stronger resource for the under-served populations.
Part of what we cover:
- What are the norms of Deaf Culture?
- What does the ADA state if a deaf person requests an interpreter?
- How to effectively mitigate risk factors when working with the deaf/hard-of-hearing citizens;
- Communicating with deaf/hard-of-hearing children especially in emergency situations;
- Learning basic ASL signs/commands that can be utilized in almost any situation.
Our training objectives, guidelines and outline is available upon request. Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to initiate discussion on how we can best serve your municipality.
Or, if you prefer, you may use our easy-to-use contact form.